Call-to-action buttons are all about offering something valuable to your leads that will prompt them to take a desired action. With CTA’s the goal is always to put the right message in front of the right people at the right time. It’s a glorious process really, so let’s get started with the basics.
What Is a Call-to-Action?
A call-to-action (CTA) is an text image that prompts a customer to take action. This action could be anything from downloading a white paper, signing up for an email list or webinar, or getting a coupon. Call-to-action buttons can be placed anywhere on your website, an email, or in a blog post.
Common text options on a CTA button often include:
- Download Now!
- Sign up for FREE
- Download the Free E-book Now
- Get Your Coupon Now
- Attend Our Event
- Start Your Trial Now
- Click Here to Download the Free White Paper
Get the idea? Let’s move on to how to make a CTA (correctly)
How to Make a Call-to-Action Button
The easiest way to make a CTA is by using a marketing automation software, like the Inbound Brew Plugin. Otherwise the process may be a little overwhelming and complex for non-marketers and marketers alike. No matter what system you choose to help you in creating a CTA button, here are some tips to help you along the creation process.
- Make your CTA noticable with an eye-catching design
- Use a clear and concise phrase that includes a strong verb
- Provide an appropriate amount of white space around your CTA
- Don’t use too many CTA’s on a single web page
- Focus on the text of your CTA, not the design
- Change the text on your CTA frequently
- Make sure you are clear in what your customer will get in exchange for clicking the CTA
- Link the CTA to a specific landing page to drive the customer down the sales funnel
- Do A/B testing with your CTA buttons