Call-to-action buttons are all about offering something valuable to your leads that will prompt them to take a desired action. With CTA’s the goal is always to put the right message in front of the right people at the right time. It’s a glorious process really, so let’s get started with the basics.
How to Make a Call-to-Action Button Irresistible to Your Leads
- Make your CTA noticable with an eye-catching design
- Use a clear and concise phrase that includes a strong verb
- Provide an appropriate amount of white space around your CTA
- Don’t use too many CTA’s on a single web page
- Focus on the text of your CTA, not the design
- Change the text on your CTA frequently
- Make sure you are clear in what your customer will get in exchange for clicking the CTA
- Link the CTA to a specific landing page to drive the customer down the sales funnel
- Do A/B testing with your CTA buttons
Next, we are going to teach you how to create a CTA button using The Inbound Brew plugin. Just as a quick refresher, we are going to first review what exactly a CTA button is and how it can fuel your marketing campaign!
If you want to learn more about CTA buttons, this blog post is for you!
How to Create a Call-to-Action Button Using the Inbound Brew Plugin
The call-to-action feature allows you to create custom CTA buttons that you can use anywhere on your WordPress site using a simple shortcode. When using the CTA tool, you can create unlimited customized buttons. Your options include a variety of different fonts, sizes, colors, borders, and button padding options.
To begin using this tool, click on “CTA” on the left-hand navigation bar. This will bring you to the CTA Management screen.
Create a New CTA
Select the “New CTA” button on the top left side of the page
Choose CTA Type
Custom button: Create a new, from scratch, custom button by using our CTA generator. Our tool will help you to create fantastic and professional looking buttons in no time.
- Upload Image: If you already have a sharp looking CTA image you’d rather use, we approve! Go ahead and upload or select the image and attach an action, Viola! CTA magic!
- From Template: Why reinvent the wheel? For your starting point, select one of your amazing CTA templates that you already put blood, sweat, and tears into perfecting.
Write Your CTA Button Text
In the first box, write your CTA button text. This will also be your CTA title.
Customize Your CTA Font and Text
Begin designing your CTA from the “Font/Text tab where you can customize your CTA:
- Font size
- Font family
- Font color
- Text shade
- Icon: color and position
*If you would like your button to inherit a hover state when a user hovers over the button, check the “Create Hover State” to begin customizing the hover state
Customize Your CTA Background
Choose a background color for your button. You can either type in an HTML color code or you can use the gradient to find a color. The button size is automatically set but you can manually input or adjust the button padding
Once you are happy with the background, click “save settings” at the bottom of the page.
Add a Border to Your CTA Button
If you’d like to add a border to your CTA, proceed right to the “Border” tab where you can customize the color, thickness, style, and radius of the border.
Enter a Link for Your CTA Button
Last, determine where you want your CTA to link to a web address or to one of your website pages. Make your selection in the Link to drop-down menu. If you choose to link to a web address, then simply put the address in the “Custom URL”
Save your CTA
When you are ready to finish creating your CTA, click on the “Save Settings” button to complete custom CTA. You will now be able to see your CTA in your CTA dashboard. You can change the name of the CTA by clicking the name of the CTA or pencil icon.
Ready to perfect the art of CTA buttons? Here are 8 tips for creating a CTA that beckons