Good branding is what separates regular brands and cult brands. Developing a clear and focused brand is truly an essential aspect of your marketing strategy. When a small business is able to develop a fantastic brand, customers and potential leads will know who you and your company are and quickly become your brand promoters. WEFor small business owners, this is often easier said than done. It’s hard to choose a single style, a voice, an aesthetic, and a distinct look for your company that you have to hold onto for dear life! It’s a big commitment but we promise, it’s well worthwhile!
In the sections below we are going to go over the basics of branding and provide some tips on how you can find and develop your inner rockstar of a brand!
Branding Basics: What is branding?
Branding is the focused and unique image of your product or company. Branding is essentially the yellow arches you instantly recognize, the quirky insurance commercials, and the over-the-top deodorant commercials. It’s the element that makes your company memorable and uniquely, you. Without a question, the ultimate goal when it comes to branding is to have your audience be able to instantly recognize your brand.
Questions to Ask Yourself When Creating Your Business Brand
- Who is your customer?
- What are their values?
- What is their style?
- Is your brand formal or informal?
- What does your audience look like?
- Why is branding important for SEO?
Once you can answer those questions clearly and you’ve got your vision in mind, it’s time to run with it! Here are our quick branding tips to keep your brand focused as you continue to develop it!
How to Develop a Rockstar Brand in 5 Simple Steps
- Stay consistent– Don’t stray from your brand and aesthetic
- Inject your brand in all that you do– From social media posts, blog posts, packaging, logos, and even your storefront. Consistency is key!
- Come up with a tagline and shout it loud and proud– This is the key message for your business and what makes you unique. Make it good and shout it from the rooftops!
- Keep it visual– Use images, video, and a logo that creates a visual for your company and brand. Instagram is a great way to communicate to your customers what kind of brand you are and what your style and message is.
- Brand Name– Make sure you really push your brand name so that your audience will remember it and identify your business quickly. Push your brand name across all of your marketing efforts! The same rule applies with your logo!
Your turn: How have you found your branding voice and style? We’d love to hear your success stories in the comments below!