Inbound Brew Affiliate Contract
Ok, here comes the fun stuff. tl;dr - We'll take care of you, promise!
Bonus points for reading this all in one breath. Video, or it didn't happen.
The Inbound Brew (the "Company") Affiliate Program (the "Affiliate Program") is designed to help you generate income in exchange for referring new subscriptions to Inbound Brew Pro. These Affiliate Program Terms (the "Affiliate Contract") are a contract between Inbound Brew and you (the "Affiliate") and it governs the terms and conditions of your participation in the Affiliate Program.
BY REGISTERING AS AN AFFILIATE YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM.
- As an Inbound Brew affiliate, you may accrue a referral commission for each purchase of a plugin account that you refer to Inbound Brew that meets the definition of a "Qualified Purchase.” A "Qualified Purchase" is the purchase of the monthly subscription of Inbound Brew Pro by a new and unique customer who: (i) clicks on an affiliate tracking link; (ii) completes the signup process; (iii) maintains an active account with Inbound Brew for a minimum of thirty (30) days; and (iv) successfully pays for their subscription.
- Affiliate accounts must be active at the time of the referral. No referral commissions will accrue for sales that occurred before your participation in the Affiliate Program.
- In order for affiliate referrals to accrue and be eligible for your first referral commission payment, you must (i) reach a minimum threshold of $30.00 USD (the "Minimum Threshold") in referral commissions; and (ii) provide Inbound Brew with all relevant tax and address documentation. The Minimum Threshold applies to every payment issued to you under the Affiliate Program. All subsequent referral commissions or credits for Qualified Purchases will accrue and only become payable once you have provided all relevant tax and address documentation.
- You are solely responsible for keeping all information up to date including postal and email addresses, name, payment information, tax information and any other personal information that will impact the ability to issue a valid payment. Each Affiliate is required to submit an accurate and up to date W-8/W-9 tax form. If you have not submitted a tax form, we have provided some of the most commonly required tax forms under the "Tax Form" tab located in the "Settings" tab in the affiliate portal for your convenience. If we do not receive the necessary tax or payment information from you within ninety (90) days of a Qualified Purchase that would otherwise trigger a referral commission, such referral commission shall not accrue and no resulting referral commission will be owed with respect to such Qualified Purchase. Your tax information is required to be on file in order for your referral commissions to accrue and become payable.
- Affiliates are solely responsible for ensuring that all payee information is accurate and up to date in the affiliate system. Inbound Brew is not responsible for any lost or stolen payments.
- Missing or untracked affiliate referrals must be reported during the then current referral period (per month) and will be credited to your account at our sole discretion. Referrals that are not reported during the then current referral period will not be credited to your account.
- The affiliate referral commissions are determined approximately 15 days after the end of the month in which the Qualified Purchase is recorded. Payments are then processed and sent to Affiliates between the 16th of the month and the last day of the month.
- Payments are sent via check. You are required to supply a current address to Inbound Brew and payments will be sent to the address you provide.
- Referred customers that issue a chargeback or are found to be fraudulent (e.g. false information, fake/stolen credit cards, selling counterfeit goods etc.), as determined in Inbound Brew’s sole discretion, will be reversed regardless of the amount of time that has passed since the signup occurred.
- Customers using non-standard rates (rates not available through the Affiliate Program) are not eligible for affiliate referral commissions, as determined at Inbound Brew’s sole discretion. Non-standard rates include but are not limited to: sales, promotions, email offers, prepaid accounts and discounted pricing offered for educational, government, non-profit or charity organizations.
-AFFILIATE RESTRICTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES-
- Affiliates MAY NOT offer cash back, rewards or other incentives to drive traffic/sales via their affiliate tracking links.
- Affiliates MAY NOT use traffic that is generated by pay to click, pay to read, banner exchanges, click exchanges, CPV advertising, pop-up/under, SPAM, purchased traffic or similar methods.
- Affiliates MAY NOT use cookie stuffing techniques that set the tracking cookie without the user actually clicking on the referral link (for example a 1x1 pixel iframe).
- Affiliates MAY NOT bid on or use Inbound Brew’s trademark, trademark +, or misspelled keywords for the purpose of PPC on Internet search engines (Google, Yahoo, MSN, Ask etc.)
- Affiliates MAY NOT use Inbound Brew’s trademark, trademark +, or misspelled keywords in their domain names.
- Affiliates are responsible for ensuring their tracking code is working properly before sending traffic to Inbound Brew’s servers. Any modification to the links is the sole responsibility of the Affiliate. Referral commissions may not be paid for tracking errors caused by editing, masking, redirecting or tampering with affiliate links, as determined in Inbound Brew’s sole discretion.
- Domain forwarding is prohibited -- you may not purchase a domain and set it to forward directly to our site using your affiliate link.
- Affiliates MAY NOT engage in the advertisement of business-opportunity sites or use marketing practices that attract fraudulent or short-term customers (customers with low retention and renewal rates) which shall be determined at our sole discretion.
-FTC DISCLOSURE POLICY-
- It is our intent to treat our customers fairly. Accordingly, we require all Inbound Brew’s affiliates to comply fully with all applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines concerning advertising and marketing, including without limitation, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Endorsement Guides (See the FTC Endorsement Guide for more information.), which require that material connections between advertisers and endorsers be disclosed. This means that all affiliate websites (e.g. directories, review/rating sites, blogs and other websites) and any email or collateral that provide an endorsement or assessment of Inbound Brew, must prominently disclose the fact that you may receive compensation for referring customers to Inbound Brew.
- For more information and suggestions about how to comply with these guidelines, please click the "FTC Disclosure" tab under the Terms tab when logged in to your affiliate account. Please note that the FTC Disclosure page is only intended to provide guidance. It does not purport to provide legal advice and it does not guarantee that you will be in compliance with FTC regulations if you follow the suggestions presented. You are advised to seek and obtain your own legal advice on how these rules apply to your website or other promotional activities for which you receive compensation.
- At our sole discretion, we reserve the right to withhold referral commissions and/or terminate the affiliate relationship for your failure to comply with Inbound Brew’s FTC disclosure policy or with any other applicable regulations or guidelines, as determined by Inbound Brew at our sole discretion.
- Affiliate accounts may be deactivated at any time without warning or notice at our sole discretion. Any affiliate who violates Inbound Brew’s Terms of Service, including without limitation, these Affiliate Program Terms, or any applicable law is subject to having their affiliate account deactivated immediately, and any and all accrued, but not yet received, referral commissions will be forfeited.
- In our sole discretion, any false or misleading advertising or suspected fraudulent activity associated with your affiliate account will result in immediate deactivation.
- Affiliate accounts generating a large number of fraudulent accounts, as determined in our sole discretion, will be deactivated.
- If you would like to discontinue your participation in the Affiliate Program at any time, simply remove your affiliate links from your website and no longer promote them. For accounting purposes, our systems will retain your account and personal information.
- Inbound Brew may change any of the terms and conditions in this Affiliate Agreement, in whole or in part, at any time at Inbound Brew’s sole discretion. Unless otherwise provided, such modifications will take effect when posted on Inbound Brew’s website and apply to all referral commissions that have not yet accrued. If we make any significant changes to this Affiliate Agreement, we will post a notice on this page for at least thirty (30) days after the changes are posted and will indicate at the bottom of this Affiliate Agreement the date of the last revision. In addition, Inbound Brew will use reasonable efforts to provide you with seven (7) days advance notice of any changes that materially impact your participation in the Affiliate Program. Unless otherwise provided, your continued participation in the Affiliate Program following our posting of any modification on our website will constitute your acceptance of all changes. If you do not agree to any such changes, your sole and exclusive remedy is to deactivate your account as described above.
If you have any questions regarding our Affiliate Program, please email [email protected]
On a lighter note...